Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Are mattel addys pretty..

  1. #1
    Dancin'4'AG
    Guest Dancin'4'AG's Avatar

    Post

    I got the lot I won on ebay of a PM addy and desk etc, and the doll even after a little TLC is somewhat used looking and I have been thinking of selling her and getting a brand new mattel one from the company. Please tell me what you think! I can take some pics of her-she is VERY pretty IMO-but her hair confuses me! I am not sure if it is the way it is sposed to be and I don't know how to do her orginal hair style..so help with recreating that would be VERY helpful! maybe after I fix her hair she will be better! [img]confused.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ December 12, 2005 03:02 PM: Message edited by: Dancin'4'AG ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jenndon's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2005
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Edited to remove link


    As for your other question, there's not that much difference in looks between a PM Addy and others--yes, they are all pretty. Look at prasnlrd's album under my "Addy help" topic.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ December 12, 2005 04:14 PM: Message edited by: jenndon ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member TexasMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The hairstyles link isn't working for me - comes up forbidden. Any ideas?

    Faith

  4. #4
    Inactive Member marisol05's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2005
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It worked fine for me. Here's the full link. Hope it works this time.
    http://e.joz3d.net/pages/Pamphlets2.html

  5. #5
    Dollylover
    Guest Dollylover's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by jenndon:
    Since I've been browsing Addy's too, I was looking through some old posts and found this link that someone posted. It's very helpful to get ALL the dolls original hairstyles back in.


    Hairstyles link

    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This link goes to STOLEN copyrighted pictures. The owner of the website, Emily Strange, was asked last spring to remove these pictures because they DO NOT belong to her. They are copyrighted pictures and are stolen from the owner who did not give permission, nor was asked for permission, if they could be posted on the Internet. Please do not continue to post the link to these pictures.

  6. #6
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by Dollylover:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jenndon:
    Since I've been browsing Addy's too, I was looking through some old posts and found this link that someone posted. It's very helpful to get ALL the dolls original hairstyles back in.


    Hairstyles link

    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This link goes to STOLEN copyrighted pictures. The owner of the website, Emily Strange, was asked last spring to remove these pictures because they DO NOT belong to her. They are copyrighted pictures and are stolen from the owner who did not give permission, nor was asked for permission, if they could be posted on the Internet. Please do not continue to post the link to these pictures.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thos pictures are SCANS from american girl. Unless the person she "stole" them from works for AG and holds the copyright, they have no greater claim to them than anyone else!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member jenndon's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2005
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have edited my post to remove the link, but GreyMist and Marisol05, and you DollyLover, will have to edit their posts containing the link if they so choose.

    I did not mean to offend. There was nothing in the original thread from which I took the post about this issue.

    I understand the idea that they are stolen from AG, or whoever published that.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ December 12, 2005 04:17 PM: Message edited by: jenndon ]</font>

  8. #8
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by jenndon:
    I have edited my post to remove the link, but GreyMist and Marisol05 will have to edit their posts containing the link if they so choose.

    I did not mean to offend. There was nothing in the original thread from which I took the post about this issue.

    I understand the idea that they are stolen from AG, or whoever published that.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It bugs me to no end when people think just because they can scan something, they own it and can say what people do with the scan. THe only people who even have a say are AG.

    I'm leaving the link up. AG is aware of this board, and if they wanted to stop us from linking to a picture on how to style doll hair, they would.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    On top of that, she even CREDITS/cites what she believes is the original source. I don't see where she's claiming them as her own.

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree with GreyMyst. Those pictures are scanned from papers copyrighted by AG/Pleasant Company. AG is the rightful owner, so unless AG complains about it, Emily Strange has the right to leave the scans on her site. For goodness sake, she even said who was the rightful owner!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •